Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As the Sr Manager of Clinical Programs, you will be responsible for the implementation of strategy and goals related to Clinical Programs. The Sr Manager is accountable for ensuring effective integration and continuous improvement of processes and systems to meet Premera's current and future business needs and goals. Functional and budgetary areas of accountability include: personal health support services including dedicated teams, wellness coaching, engagement team, and/or support services.
What you’ll do
· Participate in development of Clinical Program’s strategy and plan in accordance with company's mission and strategic goals, federal and state law and regulations, and accreditation standards. Lend clinical and business expertise to support business needs.
· Attract, manage and develop clinical programs teams and promote staff development to support professional growth and operational effectiveness. Provide timely feedback and coaching to employees to ensure continuous development to meet current and future needs of the business.
· Lead the planning of resources and systems to support implementation of Premera's clinical program strategy and operations.
· Oversee the development and ongoing measurement of operational metrics and reports. Collect, analyze, maintain and report data on high risk members, contractual requirements, performance guarantees, outcome measures, resource utilization and operational metric.
· Coordinate work effort with Director of Clinical Programs and colleagues of multiple teams to achieve organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Act as the liaison to third party organizations that support Premera's Clinical Program activities ensuring integration between programs.
· Represent department, programs and clinical priorities with internal executive management and key external stakeholders. Lead and maintain a culture of continuous improvement that positively contributes to the achievement of Premera's goals
Bachelor's degree in a business or healthcare related field or four (4) years ‘experience in one of those areas.
· Five (5) years of health plan industry experience or business/operational experience.
· Five (5) years of progressive management experience including experience managing multifunctional teams in multiple locations.
Internal Number: 11485
About Premera Blue Cross
At Premera, we serve more than 2 million people—from individuals and families to members of Fortune 100 employer groups.
As the largest health plan in the Pacific Northwest, we provide comprehensive, tailored services to customers in Washington and Alaska that include innovative programs focused on wellness and prevention, disease management, and patient safety. We deliver these programs through health, life, vision, dental, stop-loss, disability, workforce wellness, and other related products and services.
We're committed to controlling rising medical costs while ensuring access to quality care for our members.