Join the senior leadership team at one of the nation's Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals!
JCH&L seeks a team- and goal-oriented Chief Nursing Officer to help us continue to excel in quality, patient experience and performance.
The CNO is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all overall operations of Nursing Services for Jefferson Community Health & Life. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to patients. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department(s) and participates in CQI activities. Assures competency of all nursing personnel. Assists in formulating the budget and maintains efficient and effective departmental operations while required compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations, laws, standards and protocols.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs areas of accountability through strategic planning and review of department operations to insure efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Performs nursing administrative activities.
3. Recruits and develops a qualified and productive workforce.
4. Performs employee relation functions effectively to promote a positive work environment, influence retention and enhance communication.
6. Promotes and monitors patient safety and performs all aspects of position in a compliant manner, following all applicable state and federal laws.
7. Identifies and participates in JCH&L committees, performance improvement and quality initiatives and other activities which support the health center and department operations.
8. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements related to the performance of JCH&L operations and requirements of the JCH&L Compliance Program, including but not limited to the Service Excellence Standards, the Compliance Policy, Safety and Infection Control, all department and organization-wide policies, Critical Access Hospital requirements, and Federal and State of Nebraska Regulations.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial and legal information.
Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians or others in a professional manner.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* Current license to practice in Nebraska as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required.
* Masters Degree in Nursing or related field, preferred.
* Prior experience as a Chief Nursing Officer, preferred.
* Advanced training or experience in management and administration, preferred.
* 3-5 years experience in a supervisory capacity in which has demonstrated leadership ability and management experience, preferred.
* 5-7 years of experience in clinical nursing, required.
* BLS, ACLS, TNCC, NRP, PALS
Additional Salary Information: Salary based on experience and qualifications
Internal Number: 7
About Jefferson Community Health & Life
Jefferson Community Health & Life is a progressive 17-bed Critical Access Hospital located in Fairbury, Neb., which as named one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation in 2018.
JCH&L's mission is inspiring healthy living by providing exceptional health and life services for every person, every time. Our vision is to be the most trusted partner for a lifetime of health.
JCH&L offers a broad range of services: acute care, emergency care, long-term care, swingbed care, surgical care; family medicine clinics; visiting specialists; physical, occupational and speech therapy; cardiac rehab; pulmonary rehab; diabetes education; community education; home health care; attached nursing home; and attached community fitness center. JCH&L is co-owner of Cedarwood assisted living, located on the JCH&L campus, with Bryan Health.
JCH&L is a private not-for-profit organization which is governed by a board of eight members of the corporation.
JCH&L began offering services as a hospital and nursing home in 1963, and has continued to grow and expand to meet the needs the residents of Jefferson County and beyond. More information on JCH&L can be found on the website at JCHealthandLife.org, on Twitter and on Facebook.