Providence is calling a Quality and Performance Engineer 2 - TEMP to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA or Portland or Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking an Engineer to be responsible for the quality and development of upcoming product and tool releases. They will build solutions based on the direction set by Architect and Technical lead. These solutions will support testing and data warehousing needs. The engineer will also develop SQL queries and other tools to enable KPI, analytics and decision support capabilities.
In this position you will:
- Participate in planning/design phases of testing projects and recommends improvements
- Develop solutions that enhance decision making capabilities.
- Develop test strategies/plans, test cases and test scripts for client/server systems based upon business requirements and processes, in line with defined workflows and use cases.
- Perform Functional, System and Regression testing on client/server systems using Mercury and rational testing tools.
- Establish appropriate environments to ensure a robust SDLC methodology.
- Estimate the work effort to support change control process.
- Create SQL queries to set up test and application data.
- Maintain technical understanding of all interface points of core business/systems and processes.
- Identify appropriate data for testing and works with analysts to run tests.
- Coordinate testing effort for convergent system releases.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3 years of IT QA/QC experience plus 3 years of application development experience.
- Previous experience in MS NT or 2000 Server environments, required.
- Application of Manual and automated Functional Integration Testing (FIT), regression, load, scalability, and performance testing.
- Understanding of algorithms in areas such as machine learning to conduct analysis on large datasets.
- Works to expose anomalies and variations between Product Requirement Specifications and Implementation through the use of sanity, stress, and regression test procedures.
- Developing applications in Visual Studio, Rails, or Python MVC frameworks.
- Knowledge and application of best practices in analytics, testing and development.
- Documents issues and solutions in the knowledge base, as well as creating and maintaining documentation for QA/QC procedures.
- Technical understanding of all interface points of core business/systems and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of accepted QA methodologies, encompassing all facets of Quality Assurance.
- Experience with the following: Microsoft Office: Project, Excel, Visio, ORACLE or SQL Server databases, HP/Mercury Test Suite or other testing software. Nintex and Infopath SharePoint tools.
- Experience with programming in multiple languages and environments such as C# and MVC.
- Complete understanding of standard SQL and querying.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Other Location(s): Oregon-Portland, Oregon-Beaverton
Req ID: 148074