Providence is calling a Senior Application Administrator to Providence Health & Services in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Senior Application Administrator to provide technical and development support for the ITSM suite of applications. These applications support the business of IT – Service Desk, Asset Management (ITCM and ITAM), Service Catalog, Process Automation and the related databases and infrastructure. The Application Administrator- Level 3 focuses both on system maintenance and technology innovation to meet the business need, including developing architectural design, installing software, configuring applications, coding workflows, and solving complex technical challenges.
In this position you will:
- Install configure and maintain ITSM applications (CA Inc or Service Now), particularly when applications are complex, or cross individual ITSM applications.
- Conduct application administration functions across multiple ITSM applications to fulfill production support, particularly focusing on complex administration, complex application changes and system updates.
- Design and implement complex tool based workflows, particularly workflows that cross multiple ITSM applications or Providence systems.
- Successfully troubleshoot complicated or hard to resolve applications issues, particularly where issues cross applications or are between systems.
- Create technical design documents for very complex design solutions which cross system boundaries, including estimating tasks, defining technical requirements, and documenting the solutions.
- Write development test plans, and conduct effective development test on system changes, particularly those changes that cross Providence systems. Lead Integration test efforts across multiple systems.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor degree in a technical field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 years of experience in an IT environment using ITSM related tools.
- Experience with supporting an IT tool set, including both trouble tickets and requests.
- Experience applying ITIL concepts in an IT environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following CA applications Service Desk Manager, Asset Management (ITCM and ITAM),Service Catalog, Process Automation, Configuration Automation and related products.
- Experience with applying project management and process improvement principles.
- Experience with providing development support for an IT application suite, including software installation, configuration, functionality development, and/or technical problem solving.
- Ability to travel to various customer locations as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage APIs or write interfaces to transfer data between systems.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries.
- Understanding of system architecture, server and networking infrastructure, ITSM applications, and other system components, sufficient to recommend and support new business solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to administer an enterprise IT system, including complex application installation and configuration, automation, and ability to be proactive in maintaining system health.
- Be able to work in a cross-functional team environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in providing IS services in a clinical setting.
About the department you will serve:
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 147952