MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaï¿½s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Operating Room Materials Management Supervisor, and according to established policies and procedures, the OR Materials Management Technician performs a variety of duties to purchase capital and non-capital materials, supplies, equipment, and services for MetroWest Medical Centerï¿½s Anesthesia, PACU, Surgical Departments and other departments. Contacts vendor to place and expedite orders and returns, manages and maintains adequate supply of inventory with the aid of proprietary inventory management software.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Confers with Operating Room staff and physicians, vendor representatives, Purchasing, Storeroom and Accounts Payable to resolve issues in a collaborative, expeditious and effective manner.
2. Assures that vendor representatives have checked into and have printed current name badges prior to visiting departments.
3. Initiates and monitors in a timely manner all stock and non-stock supply and equipment purchases, repairs, and loans as required. Obtains proper authorization for purchases as required.
4. Maintains adequate levels of stock and non-stock supplies and related inventory in a neat, clean and organized manner.
5. Monitors purchases and back orders to assure adequate stock.
6. Initiates, monitors and maintains adequate records of all repairs to completion.
7. Monitors and rotates stock and checks expiration dates to assure fresh supplies are available for patient care.
8. Assists in the administration of product recalls affecting departments.
9. Maintains processes and submits in a timely manner patient billing charges associated with supplies, equipment, instruments, and any special prosthesis or other special supplies ordered.
10. Manages invoice exceptions from the materiel management system in collaboration with Purchasing and Accounts Payable to ensure timely invoice payment.
11. Assists in supply and equipment evaluation, pre-purchase conferences, and in-services.
12. Keeps abreast of changes in new equipment and procedures.
13. Recommends initiates and assist in the tracking of cost savings opportunities
14. Assists in the training of personnel on new equipment.
15. Performs necessary tasks to purchase, receive, and distribute perpetual, non-perpetual, and consigned inventories
16. Participates in routine cycle counts and periodic physical inventories of perpetual and non-perpetual inventories. Also updates and maintains related computer input for inventories.
17. Keep supervisor informed of problems and issues associated with supplies and relationships.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge acquired through completion of a High School Diploma. Specialized training in operating room or related field preferred. Additional training needed to maintain computerized inventory control records and materials management.
2. Minimum of 1 to 3 years of hospital experience.
1. Patient care/office environment.
2. Exposure to hazardous gases, blood, and body fluids.
3. Considerable walking and frequent lifting and moving of equipment and supplies.
Job: Maintenance, Food Service,Housekeeping and Security
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005022675
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.