Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Bring your excellent customer service and housekeeping experience to Banner Fort Collins Medical Center as a Housekeeping Associate. Come join this close-knit team! As a Housekeeping associate you will help to ensure our facility is well maintained for patients, staff, and visitors! In this role, you will be working days from 7-3:30 p.m. This position does require weekend and holiday availability. This position is also weekend differential eligible. Candidates must have one to two years of housekeeping experience. If you like working alongside a great team and make a difference in the lives of our patients, this role is for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts heavy cleaning and floor care work such as carpet cleaning, stripping/refinishing hard floor surfaces, and special projects. Operates and maintains power cleaning equipment and responds to assigned service requests such as project cleaning, equipment removal, trash or linen removal. Sets an example of excellent customer service while maintaining a safe and clean environment and identifying safety issues related to housekeeping.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds promptly to all requests for cleaning services via computerized and paper based tracking systems. Conducts requested work, such as removal, replacement, cleaning of equipment and furniture, or cleaning of an area. Maintains reports by keeping task and infection control logs of completed daily tasks and events, and documentation required for the request tracking system. Focuses on, and serves as a role model of, responsive customer service.
2. Performs specialty cleaning and infection control functions in specialized areas such as clinical areas, surgical suite, Cath lab, specialty rooms, and sterile areas. Conduct specialized gowning and cleaning procedures specific to infectious elements in isolation rooms. Maintains proper Infection Control cleaning standards at all times, including hand hygiene requirements.
3. Maintains cleanliness and operational functioning of department equipment and notifies appropriate personnel of needed repairs. Protects equipment from damage by proper use and properly logs out and in equipment that is used.
4. Assesses environmental conditions to ensure that the facility is neat, clean, safe and orderly. Anticipates and resolves clutter and safety issues. Exercises judgment in deciding which problems need to be quickly referred to a Supervisor for assistance. Maintains communication with immediate supervisor and/or facilities services staff, about status of repair completion in the facility; follows up as assigned.
5. Provides leadership for less experienced associates. May assist with on-the-job training for other staff in cleaning techniques, chemical usage, supply restocking, and infection control procedures including hand hygiene. Focuses on and serves as a role model of responsive customer service.
6. Performs scheduled floor care procedures including dust mopping, mopping, stripping and refinishing, burnishing, and carpet extraction. Calculates quantities and mix ratio of cleaning chemicals.
7. Works under regular supervision within assigned facility. Internal customers include staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired over one to two years of diversified environmental service work experience in a health care or institutional setting. Must have a working knowledge of how to operate typical industrial cleaning equipment and the use of cleaning techniques appropriate to the healthcare environment. Must have basic math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to provide instructions and information to others. Must be able to interpret and respond appropriately to verbal and written instructions. Must accomplish assigned work despite frequent interruptions and changing priorities, and have the ability to multi-task in coordinating several projects simultaneously. Must serve as a role model to others in customer service skills, safe work practices, and infection control including hand hygiene. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Basic computer skills are helpful. Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6059
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.