In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
Our Imaging department team is growing! This is a very fast paced setting with a variety of duties focused on patient care and customer service. In this role, you will be responsible for patient registration while checking in patients at the front desk, insurance verification, prior authorization, and other clerical duties. There are two full time positions available including a 32 hour a week and a 40 hour a week position with a varied shift that can start as early as 7am and end at 7pm Monday - Friday with rotating weekends. If you have a desire to join a dynamic team and provide our patients an excellent patient experience, apply today!
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for performing secretarial, reception, assisting psychiatric provider, and counseling staff. Provides outstanding customer service and ensures a smooth patient flow process by providing services in admissions, financial counseling, billing, scheduling patients, paperwork completion, explanation of outpatient programming. Explains and obtains signatures on forms such as registration, medical history, Conditions of Admission, Financial Agreement, Advance Directive, and Hospital Grievance policy. Receives referrals from the community, outside providers, and higher levels of care. Prior to patient admission into the program contacts insurance plans for verification of benefits. At time of service is able to receive cash payments and record accurately as well as enter charges and perform charge reconciliation. Utilizes special knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide appropriate patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs registration processes, verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorization notification. Accurately documents information and performs data-entry to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains necessary signatures specific to patients' insurance plan. Calculates patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits. Collects deposits and co-payments. Provides financial counseling for patients and their families by explaining financial policies and providing available resources for alternative payment arrangements. Assists patients and their families with completing financial documents when appropriate.
2. Serves as a liaison between the patient, billing department, and payor to enhance account receivables, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Enters charges for services delivered and does daily charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner. Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of the day and prepares daily bank deposit with necessary paperwork faxed to PBO. Adheres to all billing procedures within specific timelines.
3. Responsible for scheduling of patients, families, and psychiatric provider appointments. Assists in scheduling new admit appointments within the outpatient program.
4. Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service communication skills utilizing kindness, tact and courtesy to ensure positive patient response to service. Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills when relating to internal and external customers. Uses discretion and is attentive to issues of customer confidentiality. Demonstrates skills in pro-active resolution and attempts to resolve scheduling conflicts.
5. Provides support to include, answering the phones, returning phone messages, pick-up/prioritizing/distributing mail, completing purchase requests, ordering supplies/forms, coordinating/scheduling meetings, maintaining and re-stocking therapy rooms and the patient lobby. Responsible for scanning medical records into electronic medical record in a timely manner. Initiates obtaining needed records from previous treatment(s). Follows guidelines and assists in developing procedures to ensure that medical records are in compliance with all state and federal laws.
6. Performs and documents blood pressure and prescription refills under the direction of a provider. Collects medication list and other necessary admit information.
7. Performs and records daily/monthly quality control on all office based testing and treatment. Maintains a log book of results and lot numbers. Labels urinalysis samples and prepares for laboratory pick-up. Uses body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed.
8. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures through Materials Management. Follow's manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines of handling hazardous substances. Performs and records daily/monthly quality control on all equipment.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Outpatient Services, following established procedures. Uses established knowledge and problem-solving skills with to work independently in a fast paced, multi-task environment. Responsibility for ensuring efficient coordination of billing processes, financial counseling, client scheduling, maintaining and handling of documentation, and patient flow. Interacts with all levels of staff internal and external, including patients and their families, physician offices, third party payors, vendors, clinical staff, ancillary staff, therapist, nurses and case managers. Also interacts with physician in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family in changes in health status. Primary responsibility is to main department assigned, however cross-over and assistance to other departments is required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. All direct patient care personnel are required to demonstrate competent performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS) techniques for adults, children and infants according to the standards of a nationally recognized, standardized, credentialed healthcare provider course every other year.
Minimum of three years experience in front office operations, insurance verifications, and insurance billing procedures. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Requires the ability to perform basic math functions and to assemble data into reports using spreadsheet programs. Must have the ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues. Must be able to work under minimal supervision and make independent decisions using good judgment. Requires excellent communication, human relations, attention to detail and organizational skills. Requires the ability to multi-task activities. Must be able to communicate effectively to various ethnic and cultural backgrounds obtaining necessary resources when language barriers present. Requires the ability to perform efficiently with some analytical/problem solving skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Two to three years of experience working with patient flow preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19480
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.