Become an important part of an amazing Facilities Team that manages Banner Ironwood and Goldfield Medical Center. The ideal Foreman will have strong leadership skills, experience in various trades and healthcare facilities. As a Foreman for Facilities Operations you will be coordinating and managing day to day operations using our work order system to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Working knowledge and experience with CMMS, Troubleshooting Skills, and understanding of hospital codes and regulations is highly preferred.
If you aspire to help lead a team and support our customers and patients, apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY The Foreman provides effective coordinating, scheduling and oversight of departmental day to day operational activities. This position provides effective leadership, supervision and expertise to the master, journeyman, skilled and apprentice electricians, plant mechanics, plumbers, sterilizer mechanics, refrigeration mechanics, carpenters, painters and maintenance mechanics. This position provides oversight and quality control in several facets of facilities management.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Trains, coordinates, evaluates and oversees all assigned staff focused on code compliance, patient satisfaction and patient safety. Manages and schedules the daily work activities of all assigned staff.
2. Evaluates infrastructure, utility, personnel, and Facilities Services operational related issues and makes timely recommendations to the department management.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance, work standards, codes and safety regulations for the facility are complied with for a safe healthcare environment. Participates in the development and implementation of compliance activity in all areas of responsibility. Knowledgeable of all applicable codes and standards.
4. Collaborates and supports facility department managers, project managers and department management with the implementation of system, facility and departmental initiatives, needs and goals.
5. Assists the management team in working on departmental budgetary planning and management for budgetary control, cost projections, and feasibility for all related activities and projects.
6. Maintains and ensures adequate operational work stock of supplies, parts, equipment, furniture and fixtures that are necessary to complete work activities and projects necessary to provide a safe, healthy and healing healthcare environment and that meet departmental budgetary constraints.
7. Organizes, plans, schedules and oversees daily operational Facilities activities of all assigned areas and equipment. Ensures regulatory compliance for all assigned responsibilities and equipment.
8. Provides leadership and directs the work of other department staff in the absence of their direct supervisor or foreman and other required responsibilities. Active member of the department leadership teams in implementing and completing required departmental operational and project work.
9. Works independently under general supervision. Fulfills responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has budgetary oversight responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Vocational, technical training and/or related experience.
Requires three or more years of healthcare facilities maintenance or five or more years of facilities maintenance experience. Must have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. The ability to analyze, evaluate costs, budgets and schedules. Must have organizational skills to manage multiple projects/teams. Requires effective written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Must have the ability to work effectively with commonly used office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS 5+ years of previous healthcare facilities maintenance experience is preferred. Leadership experience is preferred. Additional related education, experience or industry related certification is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21613
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.