You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
At Banner University Medical Center, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist anywhere in the country.
Banner University Medical Center - South Campus, has a great opportunity for a Support Services Associate. As a Support Services Associate, you will be responsible for prepping salads and sandwiches. Distributing snacks and restocking items as needed. You will also be responsible for trash and sharps collection. Will consist on constant emptying out bins as needed. You will need to go back and forth from Clinic/POD to Building/Dumpster. This is an temporary position and has no benefits.
Shift Details: Temporary Position Schedule: Saturday & Sunday / 7AM or 8AM start Estimate Hours per Week: 16 hours Benefits: None Assignment End Date: TBD
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position functions across multiple departments based on a daily assignment to a specific department. It is a blended role encompassing responsibilities in Food and Nutrition Services, Environmental Services and, if required, Patient Transport. The position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others. This position works as a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, patient trayline or retail cafe. Provides service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures. If assigned to Transport, this position transports patients and distributes requested items as needed throughout the facility in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks per shift. Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
2. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials. Monitors dish machine temperature.
3. Collects, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items. Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
4. Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, and hand soap, located in all assigned areas of the facility. Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
5. Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed in accordance with established procedures that may include medications.
6. Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction. Responds to all job calls in a timely manner. May utilize computer system to track and update requests. Communicates status updates and location information as required in accordance with department protocols to help facilitate work flow.
7. If assigned to Transport, transports patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures. Validates patients' identity based on established department protocol. Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
8. Prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality standards. Assures that food presentation continually meets standards. Checks and records food and equipment temperatures according to defined procedures and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
9. Under regular supervision, this position has responsibility at an assigned facility/area only. Internal customers include facility staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other company and non-company facilities. Requires the ability to follow a work routine with regular supervision, to work quickly and correctly while providing good customer service and maintaining sanitation standards. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and guidelines for the use of cleaning chemicals and be able to work in physical contact with them.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS certification required if supporting patient transport function. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required.
Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate with others. Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers. POS (cash register) when applicable. If required by facility, may be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy.
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred. Six months previous healthcare or customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R20995
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.