YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Account Executive -Research Partnerships II - AdventHealth Orlando - FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time – 8a – 5p – M-F
What you will be Responsible for:
The Account Executive focuses his/her efforts to meet revenue and activity targets for AdventHealth Research Institute business. The position develops enhanced relationships with existing accounts, targets new accounts, and works with extended teams to qualify opportunities. Through these efforts, the Account Executive helps grow AHRI into one of the leading site management organizations in the United States.
The position maximizes performance by applying principles of sales, with a focus on accountability through performance metrics including revenue targets and partner meeting progression from opportunity to close. The position serves as or helps to identify someone who is a subject matter expert in areas important to sponsors. In addition to sales performance, the position is expected to identify, develop and cultivate long-term business development relationships with biopharmaceutical and medical device sponsors necessary for repeat business. In this manner, the position provides consultation leading to progression and closing of specific, funded opportunities.
Target markets include biopharmaceutics primarily, and to a lesser extent in areas including medical and surgical device, clinical data and population health, and related healthcare fields. The position works closely with the Manager and Director to direct attention to a balanced portfolio or new, emerging and established partners. The position uses a client relationship management (CRM) approach to support institutional memory of relationships with organizations and people.
Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is accountable for target progression and business development activity trending toward sales bookings and recognized sales. As a natural “hunter”, the position meets revenue growth and sales goals for the AdventHealth Research Institute. Focuses on opportunities in the biopharmaceutical industry, medical device, genomics, data/population health and other markets. Works with teams to qualify and develop leads into business opportunities utilizing prospecting, market intelligence and research, partner networking, industry trade and conference.
The position focuses on the following:
· Hunting – Works closely with internal teams to make use of characterized and prioritized leads. Clearly communicate to leads ways in which AdventHealth can better understand and address those pain points, leading toward progression. Using a consultative approach, the position enhances AHRI’s competitiveness as a site. The position addresses complex technical concepts in a manner that is easily understood and communicated by the partner. Possess a solutions-oriented mindset to deliver on the needs of the sponsor, while also serving the objectives of AHRI.
· Performance – Develops strategies to meet and exceed quarterly sales revenue and metric targets through new business/client development activities, expanding key accounts, and aggressively marketing company services to new clients. Accountable to quarterly sales goals with the framework of AHRI revenue growth objectives posting activity with leads leading to sales bookings and recognition.
· Business Development Focus – Serves to establish, develop and grow business connected with physician and scientific investigators and industry partners.
· Relationships – Develops, maintains and expands the relationships with industry partners and internal leaders, physicians, scientists and operational teams. Focuses on developing the capability for early stage drug development across multiple sites and multiple disease fields.
· Uses Client Relationship Management – Ensures that CRM records are up-to-date and tracks information on partners across teams and functions. Works with analyst teams to make use of primary and secondary market research relating to market size, feasibility, interest surveys and enrollment projections.
· Uses Market Research – Makes use of information on market trends, and competitor reviews. Makes use of available databases, market research reports, company information and presentations, conference material, as well as primary research (face to face meetings and group interview). Reviews market dynamics and trends. Works with teams to prioritize targets toward meeting goals. Stays current on activities within the competitive landscape, clinical research network models, informatics support platforms and other related business innovations. Shares information and insight with colleagues as appropriate.
· Collaborate with multiple departments to include Research Operations, Research Services, Change Management and others on strategic and tactical projects. Executes on business development’s role in the process flow of clinical trials and research projects, and other strategic and tactical projects based on priorities outlined by leadership.
· Professionalism – Leads meetings and presentations with prospective clients and internal technical experts as needed to demonstrate company expertise and capabilities, qualify leads and drive business wins for AHRI business. Professional and engaging when representing the company to industry decision-makers during trade shows, conferences, and other industry events.
· Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to develop and close opportunities with minimal oversight.
· Hunter mentality: Able to ask for direction when needed, and proceed with opportunities externally, pursue internal relationships to achieve goals.
· Knowledge of biotechnology, biopharmaceutical, medical device, healthcare data or related healthcare field
· Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational skills and follow-through
· Ability to prepare and utilize secondary market data from databases, websites, reports, financial information; prepare and utilize primary market data from direct discussions, surveys, conference calls, meetings and collaborators
· Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams across department lines
· Advanced ability to interact with and influence senior management
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, to organize and integrate organization priorities and deadlines
· Ability to research, prepare comprehensive reports, and recommend and implement successful strategies
· Ability to successfully negotiate to achieve or exceed goals
· Ability to have high energy, committed to producing individual results, and possess drive and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth, team-based environment
· Strong communication and presentation skill-set
· Aptitude to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams across department lines
· Capability to read, analyze, and report on financial statements and market reports
· Competence in the latest software, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in scientific, business, healthcare or field related to business development
· Business development and relationship building
· Consultative and solutions selling expertise
· Sales and/or CRM, or ability to leverage experience in these fields
· Experience in one or more of these fields:
· Pharmaceutical industry, drug development, diagnostics, clinical trials, clinical research organization, clinical research site management organization
· Genomics, population health, data science
· Medical device industry including device development
· Consultative selling in healthcare, medical, research
· Ability to leverage experience to build relationships in therapeutic fields
· Experience in clinical research or business development in a healthcare setting or research site
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· PhD, MBA, MS, Equivalent masters level background related to business development, industry partnering, the business of clinical trials
· Leadership training program or course(s)
· Sales certification, e.g. Salesforce Trailhead, Certified National Pharmaceutical Representative (CNPR)
· Research certification
· Early stage drug development
· Small/startup biopharma
· Clinical trials
· Genomics, population health, data science
· Medical device industry including device development
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Achieves Results: Reflects a drive to achieve and outperform, continuously looking for improvements, and accepts responsibility for actions and results
· Business Partnering: Promotes collaboration and the sharing of ideas and perspectives with other internal functions and stakeholders
· Communication Skills: Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knows the Business: Understands how the business works and can identify sources of value, efficiency, and effectiveness
· Manages to Results: Contributes to the successful realization of goals and demonstrates accountability for goal realization
· Teams with Others: Creates an environment that values individual perspectives while driving towards common goals; assists teammates as necessary
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.