POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing exemplary service to the patients and visitors of Foundation Health Partners. It is the responsibility of this role to ensure patients and visitors who enter the facility each day are screened. This process includes asking screening questions, recording responses, taking temperatures, and providing additional instructions to the patient and/or associate per safety and procedure guidelines. Additionally, this position will also provide safety monitoring to a patient or a group of patients with the responsibility to communicate with the Registered Nurse (RN) upon arrival, departure, and as appropriate throughout the shift. Instruction will come from RN as to the expectations and any pertinent patient information.
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. With a strong patient-to-nurse ratio, ours is a Magnet aspiring facility with a Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
1. Ensures outstanding customer service by greeting and acknowledging patients, visitors and co-workers as they enter and exit our facilities. Takes ownership by anticipating and responding to patient and visitor needs. Communicates courtesy and respect at all times when explaining the purpose of the point of entry screening.
2. Provides temperature screen /monitor, per established protocols for individuals entering the facility. If a person is identified by the screening assessment to be a suspected COV19 case, follows established protocols. Contacts appropriate personnel if difficulty ensues. May practice de-escalation techniques and intervene early with approved diversional activities.
3. Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed, and in accordance with established procedures. Item distribution may include retail pharmacy orders. Performs supply restocking and/or clerical duties of assigned area as necessary.
4. When providing safety monitoring, ensures the patient environment is safe and secure. Is aware of the patients code status and pertinent restrictions, and reports any issues or concerns to the RN.
5. Transports patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures. Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and procedures. Validates patients identity based on established department protocol. Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
6. Collects, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items. Safely disposes of all disposable PPE, including single use items such as gloves. Manages all clinical waste to ensure it is disposed of properly.
7. Follows a plan communicated by the RN when providing support services to patients. Communicates the services provided to the patient and changes in the patients condition with the supervisor/Registered Nurse. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time.
Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate with others. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast paced environment.
Six months previous healthcare or customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; q qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.