At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives
From towering, snow-capped mountain ranges to elevated prairies, Wyoming is an outpost of rugged beauty, and home to some a variety of wildlife. This state has a friendly, welcoming culture with a Western flair that is evident from the luxury of Jackson Hole to its historic small towns. From national parks and American Indian powwows to five-star food, sumptuous spas and a lively craft beer scene, Wyoming offers an invigorating view into authentic Western life.
As the EVS leader, you will lead a diverse team as they provide a safe environment for customers, visitors, and employees. This includes hiring, training and mentoring staff, while collaborating with other facility leaders and teams. This is a benefit eligible and 40 hours a week hands on position. As the EVS Manager, you will work side by side with their team for a portion of your hours during the week as well as assist during times of high volume and as needed. If you like utilizing your critical thinking skills and tackling something new every day on the job, this role is for you - apply today!
With a 50-year tradition of quality caring, Washakie Medical Center in Worland, Wyo. is a 18-bed critical access hospital with "big city" capabilities. This includes a 64-slice CT scanner, 3D tomosynthesis mammography, 1.5 tesla MRI, Ultrasound, fluro, electronic medical records and a full service, state-of-the-art lab. Our trauma ED is staffed with full-time physicians and our surgery services include 24/7 CRNA coverage including OB epidurals, two general surgeons, orthopedic surgery, and ambulatory treatment. In addition, we provide a variety of wellness activities and feature an active rehab department.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the effective direction, management, and operation of all functions of the Environmental Services department to maintain a clean and safe medical center environment. Ensures the proper guidelines and protocols governing the use of chemicals and the disposal of waste products are enforced. Provides a key role in negotiation of cleaning supply and equipment contracts, and linen contracts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the environmental services department. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff. Establishes work procedures and directs the daily work of staff. Removes barriers, leads team and effectively delegates and promotes teamwork.
2. Assures the department is effectively and efficiently controlling budgeted manpower, materials, equipment, money and time. Promotes and ensures compliance with system and/or facility policies and procedures, as well as federal and state regulations. Reports performance monitoring for expected time periods.
3. Establishes priorities for the goals, objectives and strategies for the Environmental Services Department. Studies systems and processes to understand and make improvements. Seeks to benchmark outside the organization to find better approaches. Makes predictions of volume trends, staffing and technology needs as well as supply costs.
4. Manages and ensure the effectiveness/efficiency of work and employee scheduling systems. Defines roles, responsibilities, key relationships and accountability. Develops staff through orientation, assessment of competencies and performance, and promotion of educational and training opportunities.
5. Promotes win-win interpersonal relationships with leaders, facility and system senior leadership, employees, physicians, patients and customers. Fosters positive customer service attitude by maintaining effective working relationships. Promotes win-win negotiations with suppliers.
6. Leads teams and contributes to efforts to improve processes and customer satisfaction, reduce waste and promote system integration resulting in best value care. Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions.
7. Develop plans and programs for change implementation when needed.
8. Leads teams and contributes to efforts to improve processes and customer satisfaction, reduce waste and promote system integration resulting in best value care. Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions.
9. Department responsibility over facility/campus buildings. Internal customers are patients, staff, executives, and physicians. Phone contact with a variety of outside customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS This position requires a minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience. Must possess current knowledge of budgeting, negotiating, and regulatory requirements. Requires a comprehensive working knowledge of environmental services functions, including chemicals, tools, and equipment used for carpet and hard floor care.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must possess skills in the areas of computer operation, planning, directing, communication, and statistical analysis.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26178
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.