Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s service standards. Greater than or equal to 80% of responsibilities reside within area of specialty.
· Assessment- Completes nutrition focused physical assessments, takes measurements, reviews medical records, collects data via interviews, utilizes validated tools, evaluates anthropometric status, and calculates estimated comparative standards.
· Diagnosis- Evaluates assessment data to identify nutrition risks, nutrition problems, criteria consistent with malnutrition, knowledge deficits, and/or high risk health behaviors.
· Intervention- Offers nutrition recommendations, orders, education/counselling, and/or referral to other services.
· Education and Counselling- Provides counseling and education that reflects appropriate health literacy and cultural sensitivity to patients with disease processes that require nutritional management. Uses evidenced based theories and concepts to include transtheoretical model and motivational interviewing.
· Monitoring- Makes follow-up available to detect progress. Adjust nutrition plans of care to reach nutrition goals and to promote optimal outcomes.
· Leadership- Makes supervised practice experience available to dietetic interns and new employees that satisfy learning objectives. Remains abreast of emerging research applications and evidenced-based guidelines, Participates in research, performance improvement, and initiatives.
· Communication- Enters complete, accurate, and timely electronic health record documentation and orders per protocol and standard operating procedure to reflect patient care. Offers timely response to internal electronic communication.
· Collaboration- Participates in patient care rounds. Creates nutrition plans of care that reflect co
What You Will Need:
Read, write, speak, and understand English
Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or nutrition related field AND 4 years of clinical experience
OR Graduate degree in nutrition or nutrition related field AND 2 years of clinical experience
OR Post-Graduate degree in nutrition or nutrition related field AND 1 year of clinical experience
At AdventHealth, our primary customers are patients and families. Our partners are physicians and our team members are all employees of AdventHealth.
The registered dietitian utilizes the nutrition care process to screen, assess, diagnose, offer nutrition intervention, and monitor the nutrition status and progress of patients. The registered dietitian uses the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care and Standards of Professional Performance for registered dietitians.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.