Are you committed to driving program and process excellence while supporting a Healthcare System through successful Regulatory Surveys? Are you a subject matter expert in Healthcare Life Safety and Environment of Care? Can you lead a team through the rigors of managing various Regulatory requirements while making sound business decisions to manage cost? If this sounds like you, apply today!
As a Facilities Operations Regulatory Director you will oversee the complete Facilities Operations Regulatory Program where you will manage system-level initiatives and directives, support the Remote Operations Center (ROC) and Regulatory applications we use to manage our daily business. You will lead and support our Regulatory Consultant in performing TJS Prep and triennial surveys and act as subject matter expert for Life Safety and Environment of Care disciplines.
An ideal candidate will be well versed in CMS and Joint Commission rules and regulations as it relates to facility operations and a SME in Life & Safety and Environment of Care disciplines. We need a committed leader with strong critical thinking and system level decision making skills. Apply today! ( This is a work from home position for Phoenix residents. )
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has accountability for providing leadership, direction, expertise, interpretation, training, and implementation for regulatory, emergency management, and safety requirements relating to Facilities Operations for all Banner Health facilities. The purpose of this role is to ensure full and consistent compliance across the organization and to serve as the single point of contact within Facilities Operations for information and the appropriate response for the steady flow of regulations that relate to facilities. It will also ensure proper integration of the response into the systems, procedures, and methods used across Facilities Operations. Finally, this role will represent Banner in forums (ASHE, NFPA, and others) at the state and national level to influence regulation making in a logical, effective but cost-conscious manner.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves on Banner regulatory compliance, emergency management, and safety committees to represent Facilities Operations and integrate programs and direction across the organization.
2. Obtains or creates interpretations/clarification for regulatory, emergency management, and safety requirements, plans the dissemination of the information, organizes and/or conducts training, and implements programs to ensure full compliance.
3. Provides leadership and supervision of implementation of programs and ongoing compliance of new and existing programs. Intercedes where necessary to ensure complete and consistent compliance across Banner Health through direct intervention and partnering with the other Facilities Operations leadership.
4. Serves as part of the Facilities Operations leadership team to ensure integration of regulatory, emergency management, and safety issues into all services, planning, and programs.
5. Monitors ongoing state and national regulation, code, and rule making processes. Participates on state and national committees and teams to influence the processes in an appropriate direction for healthcare that includes effectiveness, practicality, and cost-benefit.
6. Along with other members of the team, promotes financial stewardship and operational excellence for all assigned areas of responsibility, in both operational and capital acquisition processes. Allocate financial, information, and human capital for improvement activities, ensuring the efficient delivery of cost effective services. Establishes performance measures, assesses and evaluates operations, and works with department management to assure efficient and effective delivery of services.
7. This position has functional leadership responsibility across all of Facilities Operations. It is also responsible for coordinating services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. This position has constant contact with staff members, with senior corporate leaders, regulatory agencies, industry organizations, and with contract services. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned area of responsibility as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible healthcare facilities experience in designated facility, business entity or area, including a minimum of five years management level experience within a major health care organization, health system setting, or large multi-operational corporate environment in complex industries similar to healthcare.
Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals.
Experience anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers.
Experience managing a budget. Strong financial and business acumen.
Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting methodologies.
Able to analyze and interpret data.
Skilled in building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives
managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent
developing strong, enduring, and trusting relationships; fostering the development of cohesive teams; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness
constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context
mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance
developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; effectively allocating available resources
utilizing data and information to make informed and appropriate decisions
negotiating win-win scenarios with internal customers and/or outside vendors/partners
developing collaborative relationships with internal and/or external strategic partners and/or other applicable parties
Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential
Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of healthcare accrediting and agency rules and regulations preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.