Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people - and the hats they wear - who work behind the scenes to make sure a hospital runs smoothly and safely for our patients, visitors and staff. Each one plays a critical role and is part of a team to ensure the best care for our patients.
As a Housekeeping EVS Associate , you will be an important part of the overall patient experience, by helping to provide a safe, comfortable environment for our patients. You will be ensuring that proper infection control and safety procedures are followed. As a member of the environmental service team you will ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others. You will be performing a wide range of tasks such as dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to department policy and procedures.
Shift: 7-330pm, FT includes weekends and Holidays
*If selected, the recruiter will provide eligibility criteria for the sign-on bonus
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides leadership to the Environmental Services staff on an assigned shift, and customer service support to nursing, support departments, and department employees regarding patient throughput, cleaning schedules, quality control, and patient or employee satisfaction.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates all department activities too include scheduling, dispatching, logging, tracking, prioritizing, and assigning staff to ensure all requests are completed in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels.
2. Conducts patient/staff rounds to nursing units and other service areas. Obtains feedback and quality control data regarding patient/staff satisfaction and conducts appropriate follow-up action. Provides timely follow-up information to requesting departments regarding any issues which may arise; consults with the leader on any items requiring assistance.
3. Participates in the interviewing and selection process for new employees. Provides training and serves as a preceptor for new staff. Supports and assists leadership with the preparation of performance recognition and/or annual performance reviews for designated staff members.
4. Updates department policies and procedures. Supports updating and implementing of policies and procedures for the department. Acts as a resource in procedural knowledge to hospital/facility and department personnel.
5. Supervises the ordering for all department supplies and equipment. Provides support for ensuring operating supply expenses are within budgeted parameters.
6. Works under limited supervision; facility-based responsibility only. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are vendors, other company facilities, and non-company facilities. Supervises day-to-day work flow for designated staff. Assists leadership with candidate selection, training & development, provides feedback for performance appraisals, directs work assignments, identifies disciplinary action issues and reports to leader.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge obtained through two years previous experience in customer service. Effective organizational, communication and human relation skills are necessary to coordinate several projects simultaneously and work closely with department supervisor/manager and all levels of staff. Advanced word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software skills as well as the ability to research and compile statistical reports are required. Ability to compute mathematical calculations. Must posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Customer service experience with an emphasis on Environmental Services is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.