Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
This position provides patients with menu and/or patient meal service, receives and forwards patient requests and communication to Dietetic Technicians and Dietitians when appropriate. Provides patient meal assembly according to correct quantities. This position strives to provide patient satisfaction regarding food and nutrition services.
Shift: Part Time & Full Time - Day & Evening Schedules Available!
Our leadership team prides itself on support and teamwork approach while ensuring a strong focus on growth and mentoring. Our vision is to provide our staff an environment to thrive and create an exceptional patient experience! Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides patients with menu and/or patient meal service, receives and forwards patient requests and communication to Dietetic Technicians and Dietitians when appropriate. Provides patient meal assembly according to correct quantities. This position strives to provide patient satisfaction regarding food and nutrition services.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Visits patients to obtain or discuss menu selections based upon dietary orders. Enters or records all daily patient meal selections and preferences for one or more patient units.
2. Demonstrates appropriate judgment with modified diets, food and menu knowledge when relating to patients. Requests Diet Tech or Dietitian assistance when needed. Edits patient menus as required.
3. Provides patient meal service which may include setting up tray work stations, preparing/portioning assigned foods according to correct quantities, and/or assembling patient trays.
4. Delivers and serves meals while making independent judgments about special requests, snacks and nourishments.
5. Provides excellent customer service on the phone or in person and resolves customer complaints effectively and efficiently.
6. Maintains food handling and sanitation standards to meet licensing agency requirements.
7. This position interacts with patients and families, other food service staff, nursing staff, dietetic technicians and dietitians. Requires the ability to follow a work routine, to work quickly and correctly while providing good customer service and maintaining dietary, food quality and sanitation standards. Resolves minor problems with patient menus and trays.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires reading, writing and mathematical skills.
Skills and knowledge of nutrition services as typically gained through 1 - 2 years of related experience.
The work requires the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines for working with cleaning chemicals, as well as the ability to learn and work with business computer software and point of sale systems. Requires the ability to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must have demonstrated effective customer service skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Understanding of nutrition services, common modified diets, and portion measures. Additional skills and knowledge in health care nutrition services preferred. Bilingual skills preferred in some assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.