The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
We currently seek an EVS Coordinator for our Environmental Services / Housekeeping team at our Banner Estrella location. As the Housekeeping Assistant you'll be responsible for coordinating all department activities to include scheduling, dispatching, logging, tracking, prioritizing, and assigning staff to ensure all requests are completed in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels.
Experience in EVS Housekeeping services is needed. Working with computer database, scheduling and spreadsheet and reporting programs is essential, as well as an ability to communicate across multiple teams effectively as you ensure our facility is staffed with the proper resources at all times.
This is a full time position, 10am - 6:30pm, and does include every other weekend.
Are you a highly organized individual looking for a challenging and impactful role? Apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides leadership to the Environmental Services staff on an assigned shift, and customer service support to nursing, support departments, and department employees regarding patient throughput, cleaning schedules, quality control, and patient or employee satisfaction.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates all department activities too include scheduling, dispatching, logging, tracking, prioritizing, and assigning staff to ensure all requests are completed in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels.
2. Conducts patient/staff rounds to nursing units and other service areas. Obtains feedback and quality control data regarding patient/staff satisfaction and conducts appropriate follow-up action. Provides timely follow-up information to requesting departments regarding any issues which may arise; consults with the leader on any items requiring assistance.
3. Participates in the interviewing and selection process for new employees. Provides training and serves as a preceptor for new staff. Supports and assists leadership with the preparation of performance recognition and/or annual performance reviews for designated staff members.
4. Updates department policies and procedures. Supports updating and implementing of policies and procedures for the department. Acts as a resource in procedural knowledge to hospital/facility and department personnel.
5. Supervises the ordering for all department supplies and equipment. Provides support for ensuring operating supply expenses are within budgeted parameters.
6. Works under limited supervision; facility-based responsibility only. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are vendors, other company facilities, and non-company facilities. Supervises day-to-day work flow for designated staff. Assists leadership with candidate selection, training & development, provides feedback for performance appraisals, directs work assignments, identifies disciplinary action issues and reports to leader.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge obtained through two years previous experience in customer service. Effective organizational, communication and human relation skills are necessary to coordinate several projects simultaneously and work closely with department supervisor/manager and all levels of staff. Advanced word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software skills as well as the ability to research and compile statistical reports are required. Ability to compute mathematical calculations. Must posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Customer service experience with an emphasis on Environmental Services is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.