You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
At Banner University Medical Center South, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist anywhere in the country.
As an Associate Director for Culinary and EVS, you will lead a team that works in an acute health care setting, providing extraordinary care and support to our patients, visitors and staff. You will provide 24 hour managerial and leadership oversight for the EVS and Culinary employees in order to ensure high quality, safe, and cost effective care to our patients and staff. If you are looking for excitement, a real sense of accomplishment, and recognition for a job well done, this is the opportunity for you!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides direction, planning and supervision of food services and clinical nutrition services to ensure that the department provides efficient, high quality meal service and nutritional care to patients and customers. These services may also include multiple retail food/beverage units and catering services. The position provides strategic direction to ensure the department goals are consistent with organizational objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides required leadership, planning, and direction to create and deliver high quality food and nutrition services and dietary care. Oversees menu planning and recipe development, food production, procurement and storage of food and nutritional supplies and equipment, retail operations, patient food services, and patient dietary counseling.
2. Plans and directs the implementation of information systems for the department. Works with organization and vendor resources to implement and manage systems for patient menus and ordering, the management of food production and forecasting, retail sales accounting and tracking, and patient dietary services.
3. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and performance management. Supports staff training and development to motivate staff to provide highest level of service and to remain current on industry trends. Establishes and communicates team goals and provides feedback and recommendations for improvement. Creates cohesive teams committed to clinical, product and service quality.
4. Brings innovative and synergistic ideas into the workplace by evaluating new products, emerging trends and technologies, economic changes, and industry innovation. Participates in system-wide task forces and/or teams to assess and promote the use of common practices and economies.
5. Manages quality, safety and compliance for all facility food and nutrition services. Creates and administers measures and benchmarks for all required outcomes in product and service quality, regulatory compliance, customer satisfaction, safe work practices and employee engagement and satisfaction. Assures that all reporting staff maintain required food handling and professional certification.
6. Manages the department's financial performance. Forecasts and manages retail food and catering revenues. Develops and manages operational and capital budgets. Manages operating expenses and other key indicators within agreed upon parameters. Reconciles monthly operating expense budget variances.
7. Under the general supervision of a facility administrator, this position is responsible for all aspects of retail and patient food services on a 24-hour basis and for all clinical nutrition and patient dietary care services. The position plans and provides systems to support customer needs and evaluate service levels. Position organizes, directs and modifies food service activities to ensure high quality, cost-effective, and efficient operations. The position develops budgets, goals, and objectives for the department and is responsible for menus, quality assurance and utilization management programs.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Food Service Management, or equivalent experience and training. Requires a level of nutrition and dietary knowledge as normally evidenced by certification as a Registered Dietitian.
Must have five or more years of broad experience in the management of both retail and patient food service, production and procurement, and experience in managing clinical nutrition services. Must be able to budget and apply clinical skills to quality assurance and utilization management. Requires strong abilities in leadership, communications, business analysis and planning, and the ability to plan and direct the work of others.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.