Innovation and highly trained staff. Banner Health executives can access the staff and resources they need to bring their vision to life. Leverage your abilities.
Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix has held Magnet status since 2005 and was recently bestowed its fourth consecutive Magnet designation by The American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC). This designation is considered the gold standard of nursing excellence. What makes this truly extraordinary is only 1% of hospitals nationwide have achieved this designation four times.
The Associate Administrator at BUMC P will have overall accountability for providing leadership, direction, and administration of the day-to-day operations for designated clinical and/or operational support departments at assigned facility or campus, while maintaining a high level of visibility at the facility, region and system level. You are an integral member of the Sr. Leadership team, have oversight of Volunteer & Pastoral Services, Food Services and EVS, Poison Control Center, Facility Operations and Trauma.
This role reports to the COO at BUMC P.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has overall accountability for providing leadership, direction, and administration of day-to-day operations for designated clinical and/or operational support departments at assigned facility or campus, while maintaining a high level of visibility at the facility, region and system levels. Ensures the realization of quality and economical health care services within established facility and system guidelines and philosophies. This position is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience. Serves as a member of the executive leadership team at the facility and system levels, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of multiple assigned clinical service and/or operational support department(s) within an assigned facility/campus.
2. Provides leadership, supervision, guidance and development for staff, articulating and demonstrating an expectation for continuous quality improvement, as well as continually supporting and exhibiting company values and service standards. Identifies and provides growth opportunities for staff.
3. Strategizes and drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety. Promotes a patient-centered, healing environment. Promotes the use and implementation of technology in the workplace in order to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes.
4. Ensures and fosters a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Champions, models, and promotes service excellence philosophies and behaviors at the facility, regional, and system levels to enhance the overall patient experience.
5. Functions as an integral member of the hospital operations and system leadership teams, serving in an advisory capacity to applicable staff. In collaboration with leadership team members, directs and provides oversight regarding the strategic development, implementation, and maintenance of strong, comprehensive clinical and/or operational services and programs that meet system-wide organizational growth initiatives and the needs of patient populations in the community. Fosters the development and implementation of workforce initiatives effectively. Leads and influences change at the facility, regional, and system levels.
6. Along with other members of the team, promotes financial stewardship and clinical excellence for the facility/campus in both operational and capital acquisition processes. Allocates financial, information, and human capital for improvement activities, ensuring the efficient delivery of cost effective services to patients, physicians, and hospital departments. Establishes performance measures, assesses and evaluates operations, and works with department management to assure efficient and effective delivery of services.
7. This position has administrative leadership responsibility for the daily operation of multiple facility services and departments. Responsible for coordinating services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. This position has constant contact with staff members, frequent contact with other medical center division and department heads, and with medical staff. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a strong knowledge in operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, management, business, or related field, coupled with a minimum of five years increasingly responsible administrative leadership experience in a healthcare or related field.
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's degree preferred Active American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) membership.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.