Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Medical and Dental Benefits begin first day
Located in the foothills of North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
Faith based organization
Employee Referral Program
Educational Reimbursement Plans
What You Will Be Responsible For:
• Perform cleaning function using the 10 steps process in all assigned areas, including assess areas of assignment and make any suggestion for improvement and document daily assignments once completed. Maintain high standards set by department team members and the facility.
• Conduct project cleaning of walls, light entrances, common areas, window vents, sidewalks, etc. as assigned. Setup meetings rooms and move furniture as required by setups.
• Transport soiled linen and regular waste, pharmaceutical waste and bio-hazardous waste in accordance with department and facility policy and procedures as they relate to waste handling and linen handling. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
• Properly utilizes personal protective equipment in all aspects of job performance.
• Assist in cleanup of emergency spills as requested or observed. Monitor and report any equipment issues or shortages.
• Adjust to staff shortages and covering other assigned areas.
• Utilizes Team-through-put/Cerner Bed Management system to maintain productive flow of beds and patients. Call in and out as required.
• Accesses the medication room for cleaning purposes only. (Will be properly oriented on med room procedures.)
• Interact with patients/customers in an appropriate manner in relation to age-based competencies.
• Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• Ability to read, to write, to communicate and understand instructions given in English
• Knowledge of environmental services equipment and chemicals used by the department
High School Education or Equivalent
The Utility Technician performs daily cleaning using the 10-step process as assigned. Conducts project cleaning of walls, lights entrances, common areas, windows vents, sidewalks, etc. as assigned. Transports soiled linen and regular waste, pharmaceutical waste and bio-hazardous waste in accordance with department and facility policy and procedures as they relate to waste handling and linen handling. Maintain areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its member and corporate. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by facility and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.