Technical Product Director - AdventHealth Orlando FT
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 21032180
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Technical Product Director - AdventHealth Orlando FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time – Days
What you will be Responsible for:
The Technical Product Director will be an integral part of an exciting new “Digital Transformation and Product Innovation” team within AdventHealth. As the Technical Product Director, you will have a successful track record of developing digital strategies, breaking down complex business ideas and delivering world class experiences in both physical and digital domains. AdventHealth will depend on you to innovate, invent, and deliver consumer centric healthcare, providing a path to scale successful projects. You should possess a combination of engineering, strategy and execution skills at the enterprise level.
The Product Innovation team facilitates the rapid, disciplined development, testing and implementation of new strategies to reimagine the consumer experience and improve patient outcomes. We believe the best way to make big improvements to patient health and health care delivery is to experiment quickly at low cost, only scaling once we find high impact solutions. The Product Innocation team provides an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to effect systemic change at AdventHealth and across the healthcare industry.
The role requires high engagement, extensive collaboration, and strong partnerships with stakeholders across the organization. It requires the ability to influence direction by raising visibility of trends, issues, and opportunities for our Consumers. It also requires attention to details to connect the dots and ensure the long-term technology trends are harnessed. The successful candidate must possess strong analytical skills and interpret data to provide recommendations to the leadership team, which includes coaching and performance evaluation, planning and prioritizing of initiatives using available resources, and providing technical expertise, decision-making and direction to both direct and indirect teams.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Desire to innovate relentlessly with a passion for emerging technology and the creative energy to understand how to apply that to solve Consumer challenges
· Introduce new concepts and strategies to study and assesses how they will impact the industry and company
· Understand customer needs and champion winning customer experiences and solutions.
· Understanding of digital business, value drivers, and fiscal management of large-scale, complex product lines/verticals and/or projects
· Gather competitive intelligence, product feedback and demonstrate deep expertise to identify opportunities, develop value propositions and business cases for products and solutions that delight the customer and meet strategic business goals.
· Identifies strategic business opportunities and exercises a disciplined thought process to evaluate the problem statement and possible solutions. Delivers a work product which is a qualified concept with a formal recommendation to Strategy partners to pursue or not pursue.
· Determines and launches the incubation approach through experiments to test assumed business value for new opportunities (technology, channel, etc...), which includes coordination with internal business partners and securing funding.
· Assesses feasibility and viability by evaluating whether the concept is technically and legally possible, and within realm of affordability.
· Leads planning meetings to discuss technology potential with internal organizations and outside organizations
· Provides strategic oversight to the creation of product prototypes using rapid prototyping tools and methods
· Provides direction and support to the team in developing Consumer Trend Reports, including oversight of collecting primary and secondary research and data analysis, deriving meaningful insights, and clearly communicating findings
· Supports the product organization to define a roadmap and prioritize based on customer impact and business need.
· Understands hardware development dependencies and coordinate workstreams when relevant.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the digital and IoT innovation landscape.
· Collaborates with global design and engineering to plan and drive the continuous delivery of best in class products that delight users using Agile and iterative development methodologies and tools to ship software
· Exceptional verbal and written communication and project/program leadership skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at the senior most executive levels of a company with the ability to tell a story with data and research
· Significant and demonstrable experience in leading teams/organizations towards continuous improvement
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Technology from accredited school or university is required
•Masters or equivalent, preferred
•Minimum 8+ years experience working in consumer innovation, preferably in a senior leadership role, or a related field delivering digital experiences
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.