DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michiganâ��s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the stateâ��s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroitâ��s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides protection to hospital, patients, visitors, employees and their property.
1. Presents a visible security presence in order to prevent the appearance of criminal opportunity. Performs patrols of assigned area; maintains awareness of environment and observes potential security risks, takes appropriate action to prevent or suppress activity contrary to hospital rules and regulations which is criminal and/or which poses a safety hazard to persons and/or property.
2. Assists patients, guest and staff by providing general information. Provides access control by checking badges and passes and identification of persons entering the hospital to prevent entry of unauthorized persons into business and patient care areas. Checks packages being brought into or removed from hospital building and grounds.
3. Performs public service duties as needed (i.e., escorts patients, guests or employees; assists persons locked out of vehicles or rooms; opens or locks doors; provides battery boosts). Assists with restraints and lifting of patients as needed.
4. Investigates complaints regarding parking, safety and security matters, disorderly or suspicious persons, etc. Prepares reports documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes committed, lost or found property, safety hazards, repair requests, and the like.
5. May patrol parking lots and decks to maintain security. Ensures compliance with parking regulations and observes hazardous conditions when present. May direct traffic on hospital premises as required.
6. Monitors security and fire equipment, such as alarms, cameras, control gates and the like. Answer telephones and provides information to public and hospital staff as needed.
7. Engages in opportunities for additional education and training in criminal law, first aid, defensive tactics and other topics relevant to security.
8. Assists in releasing bodies from morgue.
9. Responds to Emergency Codes in accordance with Hospital and/or Security Department policies.
10. Promotes the values of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, innovation and education and efficient and effective resource use.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and four (4) years experience in security and/or public law enforcement or military police.
2. Minimum of two years college course work in criminal justice, security administration or related program, and (3) years experience in security and/or public law enforcement or military police.
3. Completion of State of Michigan MCOLES certified police academy and (3) years experience in security and/or public law enforcement or military police.
4. Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, security administration or related area with participation in security or law enforcement through an internship or volunteer work such as police reserve program
5. Valid State of Michigan driver's license. Must be eligible for coverage as a driver of DMC vehicles by the DMC's insurance carrier.
1. Academic ability to met state certification requirements under Public Act 330 and all standards established by Michigan State Police and the Detroit Medical Center for Act 330 certification.
2. Interpersonal skills, self confidence and physical conditioning necessary to confront and control potentially hostile persons with minimum risks of personal injury or disruption to hospital operation.
3. Analytical and observational ability to recognize suspicious behavior, criminal activity and potential safety hazards.
4. Verbal and written communication skills to compose complete, coherent and concise reports of events and investigations.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Shift Begin: 2:15 PMShift End: 10:45 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.