Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
Responsible for the safe operation of hospital vehicles in accordance with Hospital policy and New York State Laws. Loads, unloads, transports and delivers hospital supplies, materials, and equipment. Maintains all required logs, vehicle inspections and maintains vehicle cleanliness. May be required to assist in per-forming other functions within Supply Chain in support of patient care and business needs.
- Loads and unloads supplies from Hospital vehicles.Delivers all supplies to correct user locations within 70 minutes of departure from warehouse. Responsible for delivery of all stat requested items within 20 minutes of request.Tasks consistently performed under the required time frame.
- Completes and signs all daily paperwork as required. Assists with rotating old stock as new stock is received, removes expired stock. Monitor incoming deliveries for condition and count. Picking and packing daily deliveries. Helps with cycle counts, entering and correcting orders in the computer system, placing orders to vendors and participating in end of year inventory.
- Lifts heavy supplies, records, and furniture. Applies proper lifting techniques, utilizes available equipment, and secures loads.Substitute for other functions within Supply Chain in support of patient care and business needs performing duties as required
- Utilizes and operates all equipment (e.g., ladders, carts, flatbeds, and hand truck). Operates dock levelers, pallet jacks, truck lift, and compactor. Cleans and maintains equipment and general work area. Participates in routine cleaning of bathrooms, vehicles, grounds, docks, shelves, and break area.
- Answer phones. Records all information including, caller's name and phone number, purpose of call, and immediacy of response. Refers information to appropriate staff or process requests for goods or services.
- Assists the Inventory Support Specialists with the install and set up of Par-excellence systems. Also,assist with the re-stock and QA of code carts, completing all paperwork and logs as required.
- Maintains accurate logs. Inspects vehicle each morning to insure road worthiness (e.g., oil, gas, tires, coolant, wipers). Cleans vehicle weekly keeping both outside and inside clean and clutter free. Reports changes in driver license immediately to supervisor
- Assists with other tasks within the department as needed. May be required to assist with picking, packing and delivery of supplies from the warehouse. Substitute for Inventory Control Clerk, Inventory Support Tech, Supply Chain Courier and Receiving Coordinator in performing their tasks and responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
6-12 months experience materials handling preferred.
Proven ability demonstrated by past work experience, computer training preferred, ability to multitask.High School diploma/GED preferred.
A valid New York State driver's license, with safe/clean driving record.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Read, write English, ability to follow oral and written instructions, use of calculator, general office equipment, basic math and communication skills, oral and written, proven ability to work as a team member.
- Must participate in the Hospital's Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.