Location: McCall, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in McCall, ID is seeking a Full-time Paramedic - Ground Transport (Rotating Schedule) to join our McCall Air St. Luke's team.
Payrange: $22.27/HR - $33.29/HR Depending on experience.
The Paramedic functions as a member of the transport team scheduled with a Senior Paramedic and practices Advanced Life Support (ALS) in a hospital or inter-facility transport setting.
- Continuously monitors and reassesses the patient's status during transport and with other team members provides therapeutic interventions to maintain patient stability.
- Incorporates principles of transport physiology and transport safety and clinical assessment during transport.
- Through the use of SBAR, shares essential information with team members, physicians, and staff from referring hospitals, emergency personal and other customers.
- Identifies patient needs, establish priorities and provides appropriate interventions.
- Collects key information from the physician, medical staff, patient, family, laboratory and other sources.
- With the Paramedic Sr, determines priorities for safety and patient care.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and clinical priorities.
- Provides assistance with patient ambulation and activity in transporting patient as necessary to include loading and unloading of patient stretcher in the ambulance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: HS diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 0 years.
- EMT-P State of Practice
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
- Valid driver's license
- Preferred Qualifications: 1 year of EMS Service
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About McCall, Idaho
McCall is a scenic mountain town located in central Idaho, just two hours north of Boise. This small town of fewer than 3,000 year-round residents provides all the best in mountain living with fresh air, breathtaking vistas, and recreation opportunities right out your front door. Originally a logging community, McCall is now known for its Winter Carnival, extended winters and one of the highest average snowfalls in the state. It's a great place to live and work, and St. Luke's is proud to be part of this close-knit, friendly community.
Learn more about what McCall has to offer you:
Payette Lake | Ski at Brundage | Ponderosa State Park | McCall Winter Carnival | McCall Golf | Hot Springs
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.