Location: Meridian, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian, Idaho is seeking a Full-time Paramedic (Ground Transport) to join our Air St. Luke's team.
Payrange: $22.27/HR - $25.71/HR (Mid-point) Depending on Experience
Summary:The Paramedic functions as a member of the transport team scheduled with a Paramedic Sr and practices Advanced Life Support (ALS) in a hospital or inter-facility transport setting.
- Continuously monitors and reassesses the patient's status during transport and with other team members provides therapeutic interventions to maintain patient stability.
- Incorporates principles of transport physiology and transport safety and clinical assessment during transport.
- Through the use of SBAR, shares essential information with team members, physicians, and staff from referring hospitals, emergency personal and other customers.
- Identifies patient needs, establish priorities and provides appropriate interventions.
- Collects key information from the physician, medical staff, patient, family, laboratory and other sources.
- With the Paramedic Sr, determines priorities for safety and patient care.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and clinical priorities.
- Provides assistance with patient ambulation and activity in transporting patient as necessary to include loading and unloading of patient stretcher in the ambulance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: HS diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 0 years.
- EMT-P State of Practice
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
- Valid driver's license.
- Preferred Qualfications: 1 year EMS Experience or 2 years IFT
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Meridian, Idaho
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.