Location: Springfield, Illinois
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
The Greeter position is responsible for exemplifying excellent customer service towards patients, families, staff, and visitors, including safely transporting patients professionally and promptly throughout Springfield Clinic.
Reports to the Facilities Operations Manager
- Communicate clearly, distinctly and accurately to patients, employees, transport services, vendors and guests.
- Work schedule may include Saturday.
- Provide service excellence by exceeding the needs of every person who enters Springfield Clinic.
- Accept personal responsibility for all activity that transpires at Greeters Desk.
- Keep lobby clean and safe, including wheelchairs.
- Observe vehicles dropping off and picking up patients in the patient drop off zone and respond appropriately.
- Assist and ensure safe transfer of patients to and from wheelchairs and vehicles.
- Provide courteous wheelchair transportation for all Springfield Clinic patients.
- Promptly respond to patient requests for transport and transfer assistance.
- Exemplify excellent customer service towards patients, families, staff, and visitors.
- Provide assistance to all patients if need arises.
- Collect wheelchairs from parking areas and Clinic departments to maintain an appropriate amount of wheelchairs in the wheelchair alcove.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use communication equipment.
- Able to stand and walk continuously.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Able to transfer patients to and from wheelchairs weighing >300lbs.
- Able to push patients weighing >300lbs in a wheelchair.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and lift.
- Fast paced and physically challenging
- Exposure to outside elements, including wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold and heat