All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Benefits from Day One
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: Advent Health 1035 Red Bud Road, Calhoun, GA 30701
The role you’ll contribute:
The Director of Nutritional Services is responsible for the hospital’s patient/visitor and employee food production, cafeteria operation and special functions. Gordon Hospital strives for a clean, well organized and welcoming environment and this position ensures that the cafeteria, kitchen and related areas are maintained to the highest standards. In carrying out assigned responsibilities, the Director of Nutritional Services must ensure that the department and personnel under his/her operational control comply with government and corporate policies and procedures, along with ensuring financially sound and customer driven results are achieved. Gordon Hospital is part of Adventist Health Systems and this position ensures that company initiatives, such as Creation Health, are fully developed and implemented and that where possible, healthy eating concepts are incorporated into the food service.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
SHARE – Customer Satisfaction
- Reviews the Gallup satisfaction results with staff at monthly staff meetings.
- Discusses ways in which the employees can contribute to patient satisfaction. Departmental minutes reflect documentation not less than quarterly.
- Provides specific feedback on the annual evaluation to each employee as to his or her contribution to patient satisfaction. Sets specific goals for employees scoring satisfactory or lower.
- Reviews monthly departmental financial statements and research material variances to budget and prior period.
- Reviews productivity reports as often as are merited (daily for clinical departments). Changes staffing levels to reflect appropriate productive hours per unit of service.
- Strategic planning for business development/ retention by research and submitting capital requests.
Communication with Employees
- Conducts, at a minimum, monthly departmental meetings documenting names of persons in attendance and minutes of discussion. Appoints a departmental representative to serve as Secretary for minutes. Secretary and Department Director sign a copy of the minutes for internal record.
- Assures persons not in attendance have access to review meeting minutes.
- Emails minutes to Administrative representative on a monthly basis.
- Complies with State of Georgia DHR ORS (Department of Human Resources, Office of
- Regulatory Services) Rules and Regulations.
- Complies with Georgia Department of Community Health Food Service Establishment regulations and maintains an average annual “A” rating for inspections.
- Works with Employment Recruiter for staffing, which may include: Selection/Screening, Interviews, and Reference Checks.
- Ensures employees are orientated within Gordon Hospital and their respective department, as well as reviewing employee’s job description.
- Human Resources for guidance in progressive counseling and terminations.
- Provides an initial orientation for new employees upon hire.
- Provides a 90-day competency evaluation for all new hires.
- Provides an annual evaluation of competency based on job performance.
Conforms to GH Policies and Procedures
- Ensures that departmental staff complies with Gordon Hospital’s hospital-wide policies, as well as, departmental policies.
- Performance Improvement
- Involves staff in the Performance Improvement process.
Customer Satisfaction/Relations: Establishes and maintains customer satisfaction, as measured by Press Ganey or other satisfaction tools, at a level that ensures the highest quality service. Consistent improvement in patient satisfaction survey results.
Administers required customer surveys and responds in a timely and effective manner with a plan of action for any areas not meeting expectation. Promotes awareness of program alternatives and availability of corporate resources under the direction of the VP.
Leadership and Managerial Skills: Demonstrates and promotes Gordon Hospital culture, values and management philosophy. Demonstrates a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving for and meeting goals and objectives. Demonstrates good communication skills with Administration, customers and associates. Follows the principles of “Management by Walking Around” to maintain contact with all customers and associates. Promotes teamwork within the accounts. Coaches and counsels associates as needed; provides feedback on performance and applies appropriate developmental tools to assist in their individual growth. Attends all Department Head meetings to ensure the sharing and exchanging of ideas. Represents Gordon Hospital both professionally and ethically at all times. Acts as a positive role model.
Nutritional Services, Cafeteria and Kitchen Quality and Standards: Works with supervised Clinical Dietician to enforce recipe compliance and ensures proper purchasing procedures. Ensures that all performance improvement standards are practiced. Takes necessary actions to ensure that all quality service standards are met and that proper planning to ensure food is prepared on time, organized, high quality and in a safe manner. Provides recognition for associates when goals are met and/or exceeded. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. Develops and maintains the department sanitation and HACCP programs.
Ensures that the kitchen, cafeteria and related areas are maintained in a clean, organized and welcoming to ensure a pleasant dining experience for employees and visitors.
Financial: Assist in and/or develop a business plan and budget for the accounts with VP & CFO. Develops financial forecasts and balances program and resources for the account. Controls expenses within the account/unit. Responsible of attainment of financial goals for the accounts. Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of data, both financial and statistical. Reviews and analyzes financials with VP & CFO. Recommends capital requirements to maximize financial returns. Assist in development of future contract financial reviews and updates. Responsible for productivity and staffing that is appropriate to account needs, utilizing Labor Optimization Tools.
Human Resource Management: Responsible for compliance with all Human Resource policies and procedures by all associates within the realm of responsibility. Ensures that the department is adequately staffed by proper planning and cross training. Responsible for correct and fair wage and benefit administration. Responsible for selection of unit associates as required.
- Ensures that money change fund have adequate change for Cafeteria operation to ensure efficiency.
- Prepares order for supplies and confirms completion to ensure proper amounts are ordered to support patient and cafeteria meals.
- Identifies and reports any malfunctioning equipment to Plant Operations for repair.
- Ensure that cash deposits are made to accounting on Monday and Thursday each week.