Location: Miami, Florida
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
Supervises a team of Public Safety Officers of between 4 - 10 per shifts assigned thru hiring, training, and performance managing throughout hospital buildings, grounds and offsite locations to prevent fire, theft and vandalism, providing for a safe and secure environment for all patients, families and employees.
Minimum Job Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, creates, and presents officer training programs. Responsible for routine and on-going training to ensure gaps are identified during hiring and services provided.
- Conducts performance evaluation and facilitates conversations to include career interest and development opportunities for each staff member on a timely manner.
- Responsible for ongoing performance management of staff, ensuring crucial conversations occur frequently (not just annually) in a private setting & in a learning format to ensure employee engagement.
- Ensures proper performance documentations are followed to lead to a decision to develop, promote and/or terminate.
- Ensures 100% proactive compliance of staff completion of required licensures, certifications, and education follow up.
- Reviews and revises detailed reports in the Incident Management System. Communicates and educates on incidents to staff and customers on preventive measures where applicable.
- Proactively sources, interviews and hires staff. Ensures proper staffing coverage daily and by shifts, thru scheduling system, rotations and effectively monitoring the use of overtime.
- Conducts thorough investigations of incidents, unusual circumstances, etc. verifying detailed information & leads interviews with each identified witness in a professional none threatening manner.
- Reviews and revises reports prepared by Officers. Makes recommendations for next steps to the appropriate party or parties involved and determines if Officer needs further educational training.
- Leads the Fire Control Team to ensure proper fire watches are executed in compliance; ensures fire drills are proactively scheduled and executed, etc.
- Functions as an officer or dispatch to respond to emergency calls for assistance as back up support, during peak times, or if short staffed.
- Conducts rounding of facility with staff during shift changes (before or after, at beginning and/or at end) to ensure staff is trained and aware of things they may have missed.
- Conducts ongoing audits on activity logs to ensure compliance.
- Exemplifies exceptional customer service to customers & peers, & ensures staff does the same by demonstrating excellent communication in responses that enhance the customer's perception of Security.
- Responds in an acceptable time frame using department overall score thru the inter-departmental survey results.enhance the customer's perception of Security.
- Ensures organization and departmental goals/objective are developed and executed within the Public Safety Department. Reports and monitors each goal to senior leaders.
- Patrols designated areas under construction and reports deficiencies or life safety issues (per ILSM and Fire Watch) including elements surrounding fires and code reds.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with DNVGL, Federal, State and local laws as it pertains to OSHA and life safety requirements.
Ensures metrics are meeting expectations & adjusts as needed: overall turnover/ first year turn over, interdepartmental customer service survey, employee engagement scores, DNV compliance , etc.
Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
- * Security D license is a highly preferred.
- * Experience in security within a hospital setting highly preferred.
- * Experience with customer service within a hospitality industry highly preferred.
- * Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- * Ability to make quick and independent decisions that lead to events that involve safety and security of patients, families and staff.
- * Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- * Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- * Ability to write and produce well written reports and presentations for staff education and incident investigation and reporting.
- * Possesses strong leadership skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
- * Able to react calmly under stressful conditions and relates cooperatively and constructively with clients and coworkers.
* Required to work flexible schedules to include nights, overnights, week-ends, holidays, etc.
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus