Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
FULL TIME - EVS:
Community Rehabilitation Hospital West
Community Health Network and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred) have broken ground on the third inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the Indianapolis area, at 8920 E 56th Street in Brownsburg, IN.
This 40-bed, 50,000-square-foot, two-story facility, to be called Community Rehabilitation Hospital West, will focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple traumas, amputation and other injuries or disorders. Large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The 40-bed hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities to support patient care and help return the patient back to daily living activities.
The hospital expects to employ approximately 170 and accept its first patient in the first quarter of 2023.
Community and Lifepoint operate Community Rehabilitation Hospital North in Northeast Indianapolis, which opened in June 2013, and Community Rehabilitation Hospital South in Greenwood, a suburb of Indianapolis, which opened in August 2018.
This third hospital will help address the growing need for inpatient rehabilitation services in the Indianapolis area.
Cleans and services building areas including patient rooms, common areas, floors, office areas etc. Moves furniture, trash, equipment and supplies and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, safe and sanitary condition.
- Clean patient rooms, restrooms, lounges, offices, corridors, walls and windows daily or as scheduled.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, scrub and/or shine floors; replace paper and soap produces in restrooms, clean mirrors, sinks and toilets, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment and machinery including vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Collect and remove trash from building each day.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Report any malfunctions and maintenance problems. May perform minor repairs such as changing light bulbs as needed.
- Responsible for stocking linens throughout the hospital.
- Assists with office or room moves if needed.
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures. Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and other hospital staff.