Horse Capital of the World – Home to the World Equestrian Center
Affordable cost of living
Destination for outdoor enthusiast (golf, kayaking, horseback riding, nature trails)
Vibrant downtown area with award winning establishments
Family friendly with many parks and recreations
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Ensures the clinical staff provide safe, quality service based on customer expectations and needs, and the mission and vision of the organization.
• Ensures customer needs for dietetic, food and nutrition services are met, ensures effective screening and assessment procedures are completed, documentation is according to organization standards and policies, and clinical staff practice safe.
• Attends multi-campus Registered Dietitian Leader meetings, interdepartmental committees and meetings as requested, and maintains a constant state of regulatory readiness within assigned areas.
• Assists with the compilation and reporting of the department’s clinical key performance indicators to department manager.
• Is the clinical nutrition department liaison and works with all hospital interdisciplinary teams.
• Follows the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care including the Nutrition Care Process, the Academies Code of Ethics, and all national, state, and local regulations; provides medical nutrition therapy by use of anthropometric measures, biochemical/medical data, nutrition focused physical exam findings, food and nutrition related knowledge and history, and comparative standards and calculations to assess for nutrition related problems, identifies and labels specific treatable nutrition problem(s).
• Implements appropriate nutrition interventions to correct nutrition-related behaviors/risk factors, and monitors and evaluates outcomes related to nutrition diagnosis, goals and interventions for patients/clients.
• Is the department liaison for IDDSI and will ensure department compliance.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in dietetics or related field.
• Two (2) years clinical experience
• Proficient in CBORD computerized diet office program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Master’s Degree in Dietetics or related field
• Four years’ work experience as a dietitian.
• Experience using Cerner medical record.
• Experience working with dietetic students and interns
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current, active Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
• Current, active and clear Florida Department of Health dietitian/nutritionist license.
The Clinical Nutrition Supervisor supports the operation of the clinical nutrition area by communicating and supporting the department’s goals and objectives, facilitating the provision of a safe work environment with adequate tools and resources, and serving the Registered Dietitians and other clinical nutrition staff. Responsible for ensuring the Registered Dietitians are providing safe, effective, and evidence based medical nutrition therapy including nutrition education, nutrition counseling, enteral/parenteral nutrition intervention, and condition-specific nutrition care on patients/clients through the use of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care and Standards of Professional Performance for Registered Dietitians. Ensures that they and the Registered Dietitians demonstrate quality in practice, competence and accountability for ensuring patient safety, and provide safe and quality based services while meeting the mission and vision of the organization. Assists with creating, designing, and implementing quality improvement programs, CBord liaison, IDDSI liaison and provides institutional accreditation and regulatory compliance initiatives. Occasional Inter-campus travel required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.